Restrictions on Use
This site is owned and operated by the Mata Amritanandamayi Center, a California nonprofit corporation (“M.A. Center”) and contains material which is protected by international copyright, trademark and other laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from this site including code and software without prior written approval. M.A. Center from time to time may provide photographic images for free download. You may download material from the free download page for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you 1) keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, 2) do not copy or post the material on any networked computer or any other type of media, 3) make no modification to the material and 4) make no representations of ownership.
Amma®, amma.org®, Ammachi®, The Amma Shop®, Ammachi Publications®, Mother's Books and Gifts®, IAM-Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique®, the M.A. Center logo and the Embracing Logo are all registered trademarks of M.A. Center. All other product and service names, logos and slogans mentioned in the M. A. Center web site may be protected trademarks. For a current list of our trademarks please click here. This list is not necessarily all inclusive and the failure to list any current trademark is not a waiver of the intellectual property rights therein. Use of any of our trademarks in commerce may be a violation of the law without the express written permission of M. A. Center. If you have any questions about the use of our trademarks please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permission to quote, copy or use our materials
If you wish to quote material, use our trademarks or our images and graphics of any kind from this website in any form of publication or for non-personal or commercial use, please contact email@example.com providing exact details of the proposed use (material for which permission is sought, type of publication, purpose, date(s), etc.).
If you wish to link to this site, you must sign the Linking Agreement and fax it to M.A. Center Legal at 925.831-4935 for approval. (If you have trouble accessing the linking agreement link provided, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a printed copy) M.A. Center reserves the right to reject any proposed link in its sole discretion. Links are permitted only to our home page http://www.amma.org.
Use of Email Addresses
Individual email addresses listed on this site are for the personal use of individuals seeking to contact the listed person concerning MA Center activities. The email addresses may not be used for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes infringement on our web site, please provide the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a complete description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- an address, telephone number, and email address of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
All notices concerning any type of alleged infringement or other violation of law related to this site should be sent to Steven G Schmidt, General Counsel, at email@example.com. with a hard copy to Steven G Schmidt at 2905 Rodeo Park Drive East #2, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Links to third parties
This site may contain links to other web sites. These sites are provided as a convenience to our visitors. We in no way guarantee or endorse the content of these sites.
Permission to use Submitted Material
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service, you are granting M.A. Center a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to:
- Use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication.
- Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.
The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, servicemark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
The materials in this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, M.A. Center disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchant-ability and fitness for a particular purpose. M.A. Center does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including bulletin boards, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. The M.A. Center does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. You (and not the M.A. Center) assume the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair or correction.
Bulletin Boards and Chat Rooms
This service may include bulletin boards and chat rooms ("bulletin boards") which allow feedback to the M.A. Center and real-time interaction between users. The M.A. Center does not control the messages, information or files delivered to bulletin boards. It is a condition of your use of the bulletin boards and this Web site that you do not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the bulletin boards.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would violate the antitrust laws or would otherwise constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder. Post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising.
You understand that the M.A. Center has no obligation to monitor the bulletin boards. However, the M.A. Center reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in the M.A. Center's sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall M.A. Center, any subsidiary or affiliated organizations be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the M.A. Center materials and website. You specifically acknowledge and agree that the M.A. Center is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any M.A. Center material, or with any of amma.org’s terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using amma.org.
Arbitration of Disputes
This agreement is effective until terminated by the M.A. Center at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the bulletin boards and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the bulletin boards, the disclaimers and limitations set forth in this agreement shall survive.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Venue for any action shall be proper in the courts of Alameda County, California and the Northern District of California.
The information on this website is subject to change without prior notice.
Copyright © 2003 - 2012 M. A. Center
All rights reserved M.A. Center, P.O. Box 613, San Ramon CA. 94583
Updated by Legal department January 2010